Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's Wrong With Me?

And I mean in this particular context ONLY...

So, I'm in line at the grocery store, admiring my new bottle of superfab nail polish and my new, extra-early issue of People, when I see that the carton of heavy whipping cream (that's right, Ann...PB dessert time!) was leaking all over the conveyor belt. The poor apologetic clerk (whose fault it clearly was NOT) started cleaning maniacally and paged someone to get me a new one, STAT!! I smiled and told her matter-of-factly, "Oh that's okay, I don't need it. I have to go to the store later anyway."

What?? I wasn't even out of the line yet, and I was already assembling the next grocery list in my head. Why didn't I just go back into the store and make another purchase? Or be rude to the people behind me and make them wait, while I collected what I had forgotten? Or better yet, pay attention to the list in my hand and actually get everything on it the first go round?

Well, I'm off to a different store for my cream, eggs and cereal. Let's hope that's it for today. Oh rats, I forgot we're almost out of skim milk, too.

9 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

LMAO
I just developed a shopping list for us finally...a fantastic new system...

Should last for about one week.

Annette said...

That is too funny! Usually my problem is avoiding the impulse buying and sighing in relief as I walk out the door with everything checked off

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Oh good! I thought it was just me:) Now I feel better. I swear I LIVE in our grocery store. We also use their pharmacy, which makes it worse. We get one prescription, then someone in the house tells me they are out of something else. Then in between that I forgot some ingredient I HAVE to have. Sigh. I hear some people shop ONCE a week. It can't be true, can it?

stefanie said...

So glad I'm not the only one.

AnnieRoso said...

Baahahahahaaa! That is so me. I've been known to go to the grocery store 5+ times in one day.

Can't wait to hear about the PB dessert! Please to update me when you've made it. :-)

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

This post was so funny but so realistic. I am the same way, and as soon as Im done gathering my purchases and putting them in the van I am thinking about the next shopping trip too. So dont worry....we are all in it together.

Claremont First Ward said...

I've always got a shopping list rolling around in my head, too! :)

Wendyburd1 said...

I always figure...they might have that at Walmart, I go there on Tuesday...Monday I go to the 2 grocery stores...hey I do the grocery shopping, but it is my parents money...I get the BEST deals!

Ash said...

Constantly living this!

I usually balance out the need for the item vs. the complete pain in the booty it is to get the kids back in the cart.

Really, is anything worth that?

Well, maybe a six pack of Corona?

Em