Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Triple Threat

In an attempt to cover all my bases, please everybody, maximize my readership, and expose my doormat-itude, I present to you Photo Story Friday, Haiku Friday, AND My Required Boo'd Post.

 I have gotten boo'd
Here's a Halloween Haiku
Now you've been boo'd, too!

Yes, in my haiku, I have Boo'd you all. If you've read it, you've been Boo'd. And there is no way to prove to me that your eyes didn't fall upon the words, even fleetingly. So Boo, You! The only person who has a pass is the outrageous (and beautiful and skinny and very clearly insane) Tena over at My Therapy, since she Boo'd me. But don't worry, I have way too much on my mind right now (see photo below) to keep track of those who take me at my word, and those who ignore everything I say. So consider it a gift, and do with it what you will.

And finally, to address Photo Story Friday, here's a re-run (back by popular demand) from last Halloween, in keeping with the obvious theme of today's festivities. Yes, it's Sister Mary Beans, my 11 yo cross-dresser. This year, he is taking it to the next level and is dressing up as a fairy princess cow. I, too, see the obvious need for therapy, but he has long division to concentrate on, so I am ignoring the red flags for now.

This message has been brought to you, but probably not approved by, Cecily and MamaGeek, the thoughtful creators and caretakers of Photo Story Friday.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

and Jennifer and Christina over at

Haiku Friday

29 comments:

Legal Diva said...

I came over from Tena...

I love your nun/fairy. :) My youngest who just turned 4 asked to be a queen- I told him that probably wouldn't work out. He is going to be Peter Pan instead, which his brother refused to be because its sissy.

Hope you all have a great Halloween!

tiarastantrums said...

funny!!!!!!!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

I just came over to look for hot chicks.

;-)

Boo.

Amanda said...

Love the picture that is hilarious!

Tenakim said...

what a great costume-The kid's got balls- especially this year- can't wait to see that one!

Insanity should be embraced- tell hm to go with it and start a blog!

Leslee P said...

Love the Nun! Too cute

Happy PSF Halloween to you!

Killlashandra said...

I got boo'ed too so I'm with ya on passing that one around the bloggy world. ;)

Love the nun. No on in my house has ever gone that direction for a costume before. We've hippies, ghosts, and gangsters this year.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my...that picture is hysterical!

We had trick or treat last night and saw some interesting fairies...it's the one day a year boys are allowed to cross dress without being given a hard time, right? They were having fun with it and it made us giggle.

Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

LOL! That is all I can say... cross dressing 11 year old... hmmmm yea .... heck with it and just concentrate on long division! :)

Steph said...

Haha! I LOVE the creative costumes!
Happy Halloween!

KatieZ said...

Wow, I don't think he needs help! He is just very creative! You just keep telling him that! LOL

Indrani said...

This is very funny! Nice costume.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

When I was 13 I dressed as a nun along with my Dad. He took me and a friend up to South Street in Philadelphia to see all the other Crazys. He got lots of attention as nun, and Im sure your son did too. Sounds like he has a great sense of humor. Happy Halloween.

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Trick or Treat. Deb I really want one of those nun costumes. Do they come in Dad size? All the ladies would be checking me out then. Glorious.

Claremont First Ward said...

A haiku, a boo and a cross dresser. You covered all of your bases today. :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Let's just call it creative, yes??? Soooo funny!

Happy Halloween!

Chris said...

I'm sure he'll be just fine.
I'm pretty sure...

Cecily R said...

HA! Your long division comment made me laugh! And your nun/fairy princess cow is totally awesome!

Wendyburd1 said...

A nun? LOL, you must be so proud to have such a godly prescence in your home!!

stefanie said...

Will he allow you to put this year's picture up? Because I really want to know what a fairy princess cow looks like...

Lindsay said...

May the peace of Jesus Christ be with you.

And also with you.

Sorry, I'm a Catholic. I just had too.

That's absolutely hilarious...and creative...that your son wanted to be a nun for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Haha I want a picture of this year's costume. Sounds hilarious. I've been Boo'ed previously so I'll pass. :) Great way to lump all posts together.

Honey Mommy said...

You are hilarious. I can't wait to see photos of the fairy princess cow. What a costume that must have been!

I have a hard time deciding between Haiku Friday and Photostory Friday too. This week I did both too! I guess I should just chose one each week, huh?

Hannah said...

HAHAHA. Nice nun.

Mc Allen said...

ohhh his costume this year is very creative!!! And ya that he isnt being defined by the boy -girl costume rule, I like it!!! Your blog is really cute!! LA

Straight to Your Hart said...

Did he ask for his nails to be painted?? Tehe!! Love the costume..haiku...Hope it was a great weekend

Sisters&Style said...

cheater. But the Haiku is hilarious.

Then nun boy?? Um???

We do guys dressed up in BYU sweatshirts pregnant...similar bad joke.

LaDawn said...

My three year old son wanted to be a fairy princess cow this year too!
I made him be a California raisin.

david mcmahon said...

Second to none, er, nun.