Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paying it Forward, Baby

author's note: While there are more than three comments posted, I still don't have three participants (this will all make sense once you read the post). So, a) feel free to sign up for this very fun exercise or b) leave me a comment anyway!

Just when my mind went blank and the temptation to let yet another weekend go by without posting, a lovely little surprise landed right in my lap (actually it landed in my blogroll, but whatevs...).

Stacey, the well-dressed AND well-coiffed author of Havoc and Mayhem is paying it forward today. Thanks to her, so am I.

"Here are the rules: The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way. This is how it works... I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 bloggers who post a comment on this entry (please leave your email address if I don't all ready have it.).

In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. There are no cost restraints, but don't go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live? And remember that kindness doesn't have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around."

So get to it... Leave me a comment telling me you are ready and willing to give and receive. And if you aren't so lucky as to be one of the first three, feel free to go ahead extend a kind word or deed today, without expecting a darn thing in return. "What's in it for me?" is a no-no. Got it?

6 comments:

AnnieRoso said...

Aw, that's nice! I'll play.

Kristina P. said...

I don't want to play officially, but I just realized that I am meeting an internet friend for lunch today, who lives out of State, and I bought her a present, just because.

Does that count?

Wendyburd1 said...

I will play, I LOVED that movie...and wept like a baby!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea you've got here. I love it. I'm all about the paying it forward. (I know I'm comment four, so I'm not in the loop for this round, but I just thought I'd chime in and say this is a very nice idea.) It's been nice to have you around my place lately. Thanks for all the comments. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

I love it. Paying it forward should be a mentality we all strive for. I want nothing in return as just knowing that I have paid it forward in some large or small way each day brings me joy and enriches my soul. Thanks

Tony

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Dang I've seen this before, sorry I'm so late today. It's not cuz I dont' love ya, it could be because I'm designing that bag!

But you have me thinking...about a whole topic or trick or something for GNO?? Whatcha think? Could pass it on work GNO style?

See the new GNO website midnight tonight!
http://mommygossip-gno.blogspot.com

We sooooo deserve to have YOU #GNO-ing with us! Love the topic or hate it we want lots of both this week!