The train has not yet left the station, so it's not too late. I am sure most of you already do, but if you don't yet follow Mr. Sunshine over at Halftime Lessons... the time is now.
So, for those of you who are a) stubborn or b) repulsed by his twisted humor, let me give you five great reasons to follow his blog (at least for the next 3 weeks... then feel free to cut him loose!):
1) He is using his super powers for good, instead of his usual evil. That's right, he is taking your spare change, tax refund, disposable income or cash you found while raiding your son's closet (who, me?), and is turning it into a cure for pediatric cancer. I know... Pretty impressive.
2) You will get to point and laugh at him when he shaves his head. Personally? I think the bald head will suit him. But maybe it won't, and we can laugh and laugh and laugh at him. Really... He told me we can.
3) You might be able to score something for yourself. Yep, I've got the inside scoop (because I threatened to show more photos of Prom '85), and he has some pretty cool stuff up his sleeve for the next couple of weeks. Let's just say, you may not walk away empty handed! And, be honest... Except for on Tuesdays, it really is all about you.
4) He has low self-esteem. Now I know that true self-acceptance has to come from within, and I plan to talk to him about that, but for now, let's throw some external gratification his way.
5) One day, when he is on Oprah, discussing his latest book or movie (because, believe me, he will be famous for something), you will want to be able to say, "I knew him when..." and then take note of what a self-obsessed freak Oprah is.
So help a girl out and go visit his blog. Oh, and make sure you follow him in the next coming weeks. I really don't want to be left alone with him.
This PSA was made possible by the fabulous Angela over at Angela's Adventures and Minor Mishaps. Go check her out for more Friday's Hi Five Fun!