On the surface, things seem above average. Clean room, made bed, clutter-free desk. Well, not so fast. Take a look-see at what I found...
"Yawn," you say. "A messy closet. Been there, done that," Right? WRONG! Take a closer look. Here, I'll help (reminder: he's 12)...
A table of contents of the highlights, if you will:
1) Care Bear
2) an assault rifle (ok, it's really an airsoft gun made to look like one, but still...)
3) Moo (blanket with sheep on it, misguidedly named, obviously)
4) authentic WWII combat helmet
5) Littlest Pet Shop, with lil' kitty and grooming tools (this is where my jaw dropped)
6) his "dressy clothes": a lone navy blazer that is probably 3 sizes too small
7) a fencing glove
8) real machine gun bullets (nice)
9) his temperpedic pillow that he insists gives him good dreams
But I guess when you consider the source of this disaster, it's really no surprise...
Happy Birthday, Mr. Bean! I love you, my precious maniac! And for your birthday, since you obviously already have everything a boy could possibly want, you may choose ONE (I don't want to overindulge) of the following:
1) deposit down on a padded cell
2) straight jacket
3) electro-shock therapy
Oh, and you're grounded.
And God bless Cecily and MamaGeek for this fun tradition, and for putting up with me every week! Love those gals!