Luckily, my brain is very adept at shutting down and going into "avoidance" mode (that, or someone gave me a lobotomy in my sleep last night). So, for today, we will simply ignore the fact that a) I have ZERO freezer space due to "the horrid beast that shall not be named", and b) for the past 15 years, my sister-in-law has spent Christmas with us, but has YET to actually be invited or give proper notice (telling an 11 y.o. does NOT count). Now, I would have just assumed she was coming to ruin things yet again this year, had MY HUSBAND NOT ASSURED ME she would NOT be coming.
Interesting that my husband plays prominent roles in both panic attacks #1 and #2. Hmm...
So, let's be happy and festive! I'll list for you some of my favorite Christmas songs, in no particular order. If you actually go looking for any of the songs, it is important that you stick with the version I suggest:
1) Christmas Waltz (Nancy Wilson ONLY. Don't bother with The Carpenters' version. Snooze)
2) Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)
3) This Christmas (Donny Hathaway)
4) Do They Know it's Christmas (Band Aid. You could go with Barenaked Ladies' version, too)
5) Last Christmas (Wham. My own guilty pleasure)
6) God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman (Barenaked Ladies WITH Sarah McLachlan)
7) Song for a Winter's Night (Sarah McLachlan)
8) Var. on the Kanon by Pachelbel (George Winston. Oh, this brings back memories)
9) All I Want for Christmas is You (Mariah Carey. Just for fun)
I may never get to my 12 part series...and that might just be a GOOD thing.