Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts: Headed to the Doghouse

Hair is cut and I am happy. Short, sassy bob. There was a slight language barrier and my "1 inch only" plea seemed to have gotten lost in translation. However, all is well... especially for $16. Now, to address the color. I am taking Brenda's advice and throwing on a reddish brown from the box. Full update, with maybe even a photo, soon. As always, thanks for your concern and compassion during my desperate time of need.

I am hours away from being in the doghouse. Am I the only one that waits until the VERY last second to pee? I had to pee since about 10 a.m. this morning, yet always had much more pressing issues at hand. Well, as I was rushing out of the house at 2 p.m., I thought since I was going to be in the car for a while, I should finally take a minute to pee. But then the phone rang. And then I had to pack snacks. And chase the dog into the house. So, just when things were about to turn ugly, I sprinted to the closest bathroom and flung open the door. That's when I remembered... The toilet in question has been having issues, so it is temporarily out of order. To remind us all of that little fact, my husband had the lid closed with the plunger sitting atop. Well, of course, at this point, I decided I couldn't wait, nor really move my legs enough to relocate, so I threw the plunger aside, yanked open the lid and peed (I do realize this is so very crass, but I tried writing the post using "urinate" and "relieving myself" and, trust me, it just didn't work). Now I am in a pickle... If I flush, I just may be opening the very gates of Hell and unleashing the wrath of my very moody and only slightly skilled plumber (hi Pookie!). If I don't flush, I am stone cold busted, and have to hear said plumber be all self-righteous and condescending. If I were male, I am fairly certain my deed would go unnoticed. However, I am the only female (aka toilet paper consumer) in the house. Oh, what's a girl to do?

Oh, and hey, I found this very fun, festive nail polish that looks great on the toes. It's called Gleaming, by Sally Hansen.

All in a day's work, kids. Glad you could drop by.


22 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I can't wait to see your haircut!

And we only have one bathroom. And have had more toilet clogs that you can count. Delightful.

Lindsay said...

My only solution is not a pretty one and involved putting on a pair of gloves.

Can't wait to see pictures of the haircut!

Ash said...

All that without a picture?! Sounds super sassy.

Of course this comes from a woman rumored to actually be a seagull with typing skills - thanks SuperMommy!

And the pee thing. I have this same thought every day - "that feels so much better, why did I wait all day!?"

Can you scoop out the paper and add some water to dilute the color? I'm all for little white lies.

Cajoh said...

I guess it all depends on what sort of "issues" the toilet in question has.

Vodka Mom said...

at least YOU'RE hair looked good! Did anyone tell you that you looked like a man today? I didn't think so.

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Deb, I just replaced all the "guts" one of our toilets. What's the issue? email me.
Waiting anxiously for the new dew pics.

kel said...

i wanna see the haircut!! I bet its adorable!

Tenakim said...

Can't wait to see the do!

angi_b72 said...

I can't wait to see your hair!!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Thanks for making me laugh....I needed that. I would do exactly the same thing and worry myself silly trying to figure out how not to get the full wrath of a pissed off hubby. Im with Lindsay, pick the paper out and water it down. Then Hush-hush....cant hurt.

and I cant wait to see your new haircut!!

Young Momma said...

I want a picture. NOW! lol It sounds cute, I bet it makes you look younger too! :) (not that you need that) ;)

jill jill bo bill said...

OOOH! Can't wait to see the new doo! So did you flush?! I am on pins and needles.

Wendyburd1 said...

I am excited to see the hair!! I have NO bladder. I hope I can blame the Diabetes on the fact that I pee every half hour at least!!

Anonymous said...

This situation calls for donning your plunger woman cape. Super Plunger Girl to the rescue!

kel said...

Hey I just tagged you for a very panic inducing game!!... at least for me anyway!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

(speechless)


WE PANT PICS!
WE WANT PICS!

(Not of the toilet, mind you)

jaime said...

you are so funny! I am down w/ you on the whole holding the pee forever thing...the worst is coffee pee.

Good luck w/ the clog...i say leave it and then deny deny deny. LOL!

Joy said...

I have been coloring from the box for a while now-so much cheaper at the rate my gray comes in.

I have always used Garnier Fructis #63 I think it is called Brown Sugar. It does smell good and covers gray great and your hair is very shiny and soft after.

This time I have strayed and am a bit nervous I bought Clairol Natural Instincts #12 Toasted Almond because I got it for like $2 since it was on sale at CVS and I had a coupon. I am gonna do it later today.

So is the picture above with new color?

tiarastantrums said...

you are too funny - and I was thinking last night that i needed to come back here and apologize to you for telling you to not cut your hair and that I was being rude and bossy - so - sorry!!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

So did it flush??...tehe. At least it was NOT a code Brown (sorry, that's the best way for me to put it, next to number 2). On trips when one of the kids yells "COde BRoWn" the car stops and out they go...regardless of location.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Well, good you took my advice since I am the Queen of Hair Color. BAHAHAHAHA As far as peeing-- I have a bladder the size of a pea. Seriously, I can't hold my pee. I'm mad about it too. I hate having to pee so much. It's just dang inconvenient. I hope you didn't end up in the dog house. After all, you couldn't help it. Give a gal a break!

stefanie said...

Yes, I wait too long, and then I come running in the house and throw everything I'm carrying on the floor, and RUN FOR IT. And whoever is at home makes fun of me because I did it again. Or I sit at the computer too long and then have to RUN FOR IT.

Hope you weren't in the doghouse for too long.