Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Rumor has it, it's Kids Week here in Blogtopia. A time to flaunt shamelessly the beauty, brains, and brawn of our offspring. Well, that works for me, as every week is Kids Week at my house, as I am quite capable of seeing the genius (read: college scholarship) in even the smallest, and completely insignificant, of things. Take for instance, the following poem written by my 11 year old. While it would be much more impressive if I told you he was 5, nonetheless, I find it very funny and not a bad little piece of the written word. If anything, it's a glimpse of the creative, sensitive, good-natured man I know he will grow up to be. Enjoy...

Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew, who doesn't love you?
Your taste, so beautiful, like something Picasso drew.

The first taste,
A burst of citrus flavor
Even a queen would want to savor.
A little piece of Heaven's plan
Is contained in your gorgeous jade can.

When I am through and the flavor is gone,
Sorrow blankets me like the grass on the lawn.


3 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

LOL I loved this...your comments AND the poem...still waiting for a glimpse of talent at our house...at this point, just trying to keep boogers off the walls.

AnnieRoso said...

An Ode to Mountain Dew. That's brilliant. I feel the same way about Dr. Pepper. :-)

Surely when he was 5 he could've mustered an "I like milk" -- proof enough of the literary genius to come.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Wow. MY thoughts exactly. How I love a good Mountain Dew Can. And then I stay away for months on end...but I always come back....

like the grass on the lawn....

Kids R great.